Tuesday, August 10, 2010

We WON! (tickets)


Well, we won tickets to see an advanced screening of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World!
This is definitely a huge deal for us, as it is the first real "event" we get to take part of in the movie world!
Special thanks to John Serba at MLive (and his blog Project Mayhem) for supplying us with free (FREE!!!) tickets!
Really, none of us really expected to win this contest. We would have been happy if one or two of us won, but it turns out that ALL of us get to go and see this film. In short, we are super excited to see it on Thursday.
To celebrate this event, you will probably find a lot of Scott Pilgrim news or Scott Pilgrim related posts.


Like this Trailer! Enjoy the visual goodness! (Courtesy of YouTube):



Ben got us started and already posted an actor profile of Scott Pilgrim himself, Michael Cera. Anna Kendrick also appears in this film, and she was profiled earlier
Wow. I still can't believe we get to go to an advanced screening!
Don't worry, reviews will be coming your way!
The League of Evil Exes. Look Familiar...? (see picture of us)

5 comments:

  1. Hope you guys (or at least one of you) have read the comic, so you can tell us (me?) how it is in relation to that. And if you HAVEN'T read the comic, then go do that pronto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, I have not. And I don't think any of the others (at least as far as I know) have either... time to go read. Fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read the first couple of books in the series. At this point I'm not going to pursue it further as I want to go into the movie not knowing what's going to happen. Also, they reportedly take the film in a different direction than the books and I want to evaluate the film for what it is. A certain other comic book film by Matthew Vaughn made similar trespasses and it wasn't quite as forgiven for them as I would like this movie to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. John it's funny you mention that because I am actually writing a Kick Ass review right now. (Which is going to be pretty difficult I might add)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Keep it Clean!